Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Is social networking a good thing in the work force?

When asked the question..."Does social networking belong in the workforce?" I can immediately come up with an answer...NO!

There are quite a few reasons why social networking would be a negative outlet in the work place. First of all networking is a distraction while on the job. Instead of focusing and giving 100% of your time to your employer you can easily become interested on who posted the latest pictures and what Bobbie did last night after practice. For example, right now I have chatted with two friends and typed a comment on a wall just while trying to get through this blog! I rest my case! lol

Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace also are an outlet for unwanted drama, and if that would happen to venture into your place of employment it could result in termination. Think about it...would you really wanna loose your current job because John Doe is jealous you just added his girlfriend?

So really...to sum things up. Just keep away from it while you at work doing your job and stay on task. Worry about who cheated on who and what every one's status is after work...maybe even update your own! ;) Just a few things to think about!


5 comments:

  1. I completely agree! I'm not about to risk my job for myspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree too. There is a time and place for social networking and at work is not the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true! Besides, if you can't bitch about people, what's the point of networking? :D

    You got yourself a follower! Oh, and I'm looking for people to exchange links with (blogrolls), and would very much like to do that with you! If you're interested, leave me a comment or email me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you think of one way a social network might be used in the workplace for a positive return on investment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...for communication from person to person maybe working on the same project but in different areas of the building? OH! Or maybe for video confrencing like Skype for a business meeting from across the globe!

    ReplyDelete